Frequently asked Questions:
Q: How can I register for the race?
- Register online at Active.com: http://www.active.com/isle-of-palms-sc/running/distance-running-races/isle-of-palms-connector-run-and-walk-for-the-child-2018
- By mail: Print and complete our 2018 race application, then mail it along with your payment. Mailing address: IOP Connector Run PO Box 1976 Mount Pleasant, SC 29465.
- Register in person at one of our registration events leading up to the 2018nrace
- We will have a booth at the 2018 CRBR Expo on April 5-6, and you may complete your race registration there.
- We will accept registrations at our packet pickup on October 5, 2018 at East Cooper Medical Center
- Finally, we will accept late registrations on raceday, October 6, 2018 from 6-7am at the Public Safety Building on Isle of Palms. Address: 30 J.C. Long Blvd. Isle of Palms, SC 29451.
Q: Do children need to register for the race?
A: No, children do not need to be registered for the race if they are under the age of 10 by the date of the race. However, if you would like your child to have a time-chip, race-packet, t-shirt and race bag – please complete a full registration for them on active.com, or with the downloadable form.
Q: Can I pickup a race packet for a friend or family member?
A: Of course! Feel free to coordinate with your friends and family to make packet pickup easy!
Q: What charities does this race raise money for?
A: The 2017 race raised over $50,000 which was donated to the following Lowcountry charities:
Carolina Youth Development Center
Darkness to Light
Lowcountry Orphan Relief
My Sister’s House
The Dee Norton Lowcountry Children’s Center
Windwood Family Services
CAPA of Beaufort, SC
Isle of Palms Rec Center
Mount Pleasant Rec Center
Q: Are dogs allowed at the race or after-party?
A: No, dogs are not allowed to be on the race-course from 7am to 10am. However, leashed and well-behaved dogs are allowed to be at the after-party and awards celebration.
Q: Are strollers allowed at the race or after-party?
A: Yes! This will be a kid friendly event and we invite the whole family to join!
Q: Where is the best place to park on the morning of the race?
A: Here are some details about parking.
Q: What time does the IOP Connector close to traffic on the morning of the race?
A: The Isle of Palms Connector closes at 7am on Saturday, October 6, 2018 morning. If you will be traveling to the island later, please arrive via Sullivan’s Island. You can find directions here.
Q: Where can I learn more about the Isle of Palms?
A: You can follow this link to the City of Isle of Palms Website.
Q: Do you have a Facebook page?
A: Of course! You can find us here.
Still have questions? Feel free to contact us using the contact form here.